Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December 2013 Magenta Challenge



December 2013 Magenta Challenge:  Simply Christmas

Create a card, a layout, or even an altered object.  Just make it Christmassy, and use at least one Magenta product - papers, stamps, peel off, embellishment, chipboard, etc.
Since the Holidays are such a busy time, you have until January 15th to enter!

You could win this Magenta prize:


Just click here, and use the link at the bottom of the post to enter.

Here's my card:


This is a one layer card, and was not hard to create.  I used two pieces of card stock, and on the first one, I embossed an oval, using Sizzix ovals dies.  On the second, I cut the oval out and used it as a mask over the embossed piece (later discarding the mask).  I taped both pieces down, with the mask on top, and cut a piece of scrap paper to create the snow hills.  Masking off with the scrap paper, I used a blending tool to add the blue in the sky.  Continuing with the scrap paper mask, I used a finger sponge dauber to create shadows to simulate snow drifts.  I then stamped the tree with the bird, and stamped the deer family.  I made the star in the sky using a white Gelly Roll pen, and I colored over the bird with a red Wink of Stella pen.  The sentiment was stamped last, using a stamp positioner.  I matted the card with red mirracard.

Magenta stamps used:  
Spruce Tree & Bird 0653.P; Small Deer Family 1 42.186.E; Merry Christmas 07.779.G
Other materials used:  
Distress Inks:  Faded Jeans & Stormy Sky
Memento Inks:  Bamboo Leaves & Rich Cocoa
Sizzix Framelits Ovals Dies 657563
Wink of Stella glitter pen - red; Sakura White Gelly Roll

You definitely should enter the challenge - just use any Magenta product.  You can send your creation to some special person afterwards!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne