Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Magenta October 2014 Challenge



October 2014 - Magenta Challenge :
Halloween / Day of the Dead / El dias de los muertos

Create a Card, a Layout or even an alterned object if you feel like it,
follow the theme and use at least one Magenta product :
papers, stamps, embellishment, Peel Off's, chipboard and more...


You have until October 29th to enter!

You could win a Magenta Prize of brand new products that will soon be available!

Here's my card


The cat was stamped onto Stardream Flame paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.  I die-cut a jagged round shape into white card stock with an opening that is large enough to show the cat's body in the center.  Using a stamp positioner, I positioned the stamp so that the tail would appear in the right place on the white card stock  and I removed the orange piece before stamping the cat again.  That way, I got just the tail on the white card stock, and I also embossed that with clear embossing powder.

I wanted to use this stamp for the sentiment


but it was too long for my project
In order to make it fit, I used a technique with a stamp positioner that I describe toward the bottom of this post.  That way I was able to divide the sentiment and place half of it at the top and the other half at the bottom of my card.

To get the splats of color, I used Distress Stains, which have a dauber top.  I used this same technique about a year ago, in this post.  What is it about the Fall that makes me want wild explosions of color?  



I like to experiment with different colors before I commit them to my project.  Just take your bottle of Distress Stain and whack the dauber against your paper.  The more you do it, the juicier they get, and there is just something satisfying about whacking your paper to get random color splats.  The cat on this card looks like she is a little startled by it all. 

I mounted the white piece onto the Flame Stardream with foam tape, so that it's popped up a little.  I matted it all with shiny black and mounted onto a white card base.  This project was fun to do, I hope you give this technique a try!

Magenta stamps used:
Halloween Cat  42.075.M
There is Magic All Around Us  07.807.I

Other Materials:
Versafine Black Onyx
Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Stains:  Fired Brick; Seedless Preserves; Spiced Marmalade; Mustard Seed
Flame Stardream paper
foam tape




1 comment:

  1. I can't decide what card I love the best! The splash cat card is great and your instructions seem so easy to follow, thanks for explaining step by step!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne