Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Twelve Tags of Christmas 2014 Day Four

Day Four is all about Magenta and some of my favorite Magenta things!  


I stamped the Magenta Cuddly Winter Birds 42.217.N using Onyx Black Versafine ink, onto a tag cut from watercolor card stock, and embossed with clear embossing powder.  The birds were colored with Tombow markers 856, 837, 993, 451, and N75.  Using a brush dipped in water mixed with Perfect Pearls powder, I moved the color around until the shading was to my liking.  The Merry Christmas sentiment 07.885.F was stamped with Versafine Satin Red ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I stamped the birds onto masking paper, cut them out and applied the mask over the image on the tag.  I had previously mixed up a pearly water spray in a small spritzer bottle, using 1 dropper full of Peacock Feathers Distress reinker, water, and some small scoops of Perfect Pearls Pearl.  I took the Magenta Blossom mask, MC01, and sprayed Easy Tak on the back of it.  Easy Tak is a spray repositionable adhesive that is perfect for keeping detailed stencils in place.  I placed the stencil over the tag and sprayed liberally with the Peacock Feathers spritzer.

I mopped up the excess spray with a paper towel and removed the mask from the birds to find them sitting happily in a nest of pretty blue Christmas flowers.

If you're local, please come in to Art 'n Soul and make this tag and support the local Food Bank!  I already cut out some extra masks, and I'll bring my buckets of Tombows so that you can color your birds differently, in case you don't want pink birds.  But really, aren't they sweet?

Magenta products used:
42.217.N  Cuddly Winter Birds
07.885.F Merry Christmas
MC01 Blossom Mask

Other products used:
Tombow Markers 856, 837, 993, 451, N75
Versafine Onyx Black and Satin Red
Detail Clear embossing powder from Judikins
Easy Tak adhesive
Inkadinkado Masking Paper
Peacock Feathers Distress reinker
Perfect Pearls powder
small spritzer bottle
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Sizzix Super Scallop Tag Die 38-0946

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne