Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Twelve Tags of Christmas Day Ten

Day ten is back to me, and I had to do one with my favorite technique, acrylic block stamping.


This tag started with a Sizzix tag die cut out of watercolor paper.  Three colors of Distress Ink (mini pads) were applied directly to a Tim Holtz acrylic grid block.  I really like the mini inks for this technique, because it's easier to apply them to the block.  

The block was spritzed with water mixed with Perfect Pearls, and then I stamped it onto the watercolor paper.  The "Peace" sentiment and the doves were die cut from So Silk White paper, and applied with glue.  

You can see a tutorial on acrylic block stamping, using the Tim Holtz grid blocks on my blog here.

Materials used:
Tim Holtz watercolor paper
So Silk White paper
Distress Ink:  Peacock Feathers; Mustard Seed; Picked Raspberry
Perfect Pearls Pearl
Dies:
Sizzix Super Scallop Tag Die 38-0946
Impression Obsession Peace DIE226-A
Memory Box Doves 99012 & 99015

If you are local, please come in and make this tag!  The cost is just some non-perishable food items for the local Food Bank, or a $1 cash donation for the food bank.  Come in and have some fun and benefit a worthy cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne