Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Best Gifts Don't Come Under the Tree

At Art 'n Soul, we recently had a Christmas party event, where we made lots of Christmas and winter themed cards to provide inspiration for Holiday card making. I will try to share all of mine here.


First up is a card I made using some Penny Black stamps. This beautiful tree stamp is one that we acquired from the new Penny Black collection. 

I find that when I want an interesting background, I often will go to my Nuance colors from Magenta. Since I wanted a primarily blue background, I used all of the blues and the violet for the background of this card, and I love how it turned out. I tapped each color onto a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor card stock, and sprayed it with water mixed with perfect pearls powder.

When it was dry, I stamped the image and sentiment with Versamark ink, and embossed with White Diamond embossing powder from Judikins. It's very hard to capture in a picture how very sparkly this card is in real life. This card could be easily mass produced by making lots of backgrounds first...which would just be a lot of fun!

To finish the card, I matted it with So Silk white card stock, and the base card is Stardream Steel Blue. Since the base card is dark, I made a panel for the inside by die cutting some Neenah Solar White cardstock using the largest size of Memory Box Stitched Rectangle layers. This allows a good place to either stamp an inside sentiment, or to write a personal message, or both.

Magenta Nuance colors used:
MNU001 Turquoise
MNU011 Cerulean Blue
MNU013 Royal Blue
MNU012 Violet
Penny Black stamps used:
40-417 Regalia
30-310 Believe (clear set of sentiments)

Other Products used:
Perfect pearls pearl powder
Versamark Ink
Judikins White Diamond embossing powder
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Stardream Blue Steele cardstock
So Silk White cardstock
Neenah 80# Solar White cardstock
Memory Box Stitched Rectangle Layers die 30009





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne