Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Snowman Tags

I have another tag to show you, and this one is a little different. I wanted to put a topper on the money envelopes I'm giving my grandsons. They get aa few toys also, but I always like to give them a little money. They are good savers. There are 4 of them.


I love these cute little snowmen. They are from Penny Black, 2521K Snowy, and the die is 51-266 Frosty's Snow. I colored them with Tombow markers and a water brush. For their bodies, I highlighted the snow with a blue marker, 835; for the white part of their hats, I used a neutral gray N75. For the red scarf and hat I used 451, and a watered down bit of that for their noses and cheeks. For the green scarf and hat I used 195; for the blue one 476. Since I needed a 4th and couldn't decide on another color I liked, I decided to make his scarf striped, so I used the 195 green, plus 443 Teal.

This stamp comes only on wood, so I converted it to cling. I stamped all four snowmen out onto Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock using my MISTI tool and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I embossed them with clear embossing powder before coloring.


Since I was going to die cut them out, I didn't need to worry about positioning, so I stamped 2 to a page.


The coloring was fast and easy

For the envelopes, I chose the Lawn Fawn LF1284 Small Stitched Envelope for the 3 youngest boys. I made a pillow box for the older boy.


I'm in the middle of making more cards, and I will show you another card soon!

Products Used
Penny Black 2521K Snowy
Penny Black 51-266 Frosty's Snow
Lawn Fawn LF1284 Small Stitched Envelope
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock
Tombow Markers: 835, N75, 451, 195, 476, 443
Niji Water Brush
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock
Versafine Onyx Black ink
JudiKins clear detail embossing powder


6 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne