Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Distress Oxides: Heartfelt Sympathy

I have had to make a number of sympathy cards recently, and I always find them hard to make. It's easier to have some made in advance, but I never seem to. This card is another blended panel that I had already made and had in my stash.


The original panel was made by blending a lot of colors of Distress Oxides. Once the colors were blended, I stamped this lovely Magenta Clover Silhouette image in Faded Jeans Distress Oxide. I think this stamp is really one of my very favorite stamps; it was designed by Magenta DT member Ellie Knoll. I really think that no matter what you do with it, it will look beautiful.

After stamping, I spritzed the entire panel with water and then speckled it with a little of the darker ink that I had put on my craft mat with some added water. I think that the water drops give it a more ethereal look.

I cut the panel out with the Die-namics MFT 846 Inside/Outside Stitched Ovals. I adhered the oval to the top center of a white textured cardstock that was cut using the Die-namics MFT 463 Blueprints 13 stitched rectangle die that cuts the panel to 5.25" x 4"

I stamped the Impression Obsession sentiment onto the bottom of the white panel with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and the panel was matted with Stardream Blue Steele cardstock. I adhered the panel to a base card of 110# Neenah Solar White cardstock.

I love how this card turned out, and I almost always feel that way when I use this Clover Silhouette stamp! If you have not yet looked at my Distress Oxide Overview post, you can see it here. If you wish to purchase the Clover Silhouette, you can click on the link below. Both Magenta and Impression Obsession offer all of their stamps in wood or cling rubber versions.

Products Used:
Magenta 48.011.L Clover Silhouette
Impression Obsession C13521 Heartfelt Sympathy
Distress Oxide inks: Wilted Violet, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, 
Peeled Paint, Cracked Pistachio, Fossilized Amber, Faded Jeans
Die-namics MFT-463 Blueprints 13
Die-namics MFT-846 Inside/Outside Stitched Ovals
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Stardream Blue Steele cardstock
Core'dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne