Pages

Friday, August 17, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday with Dianne - Peace on Earth

Hi everyone! This post is on the Magenta blog today. Have I said how much I love this new Magenta collection? The floral images pair so well with the beautiful calligraphy stamps by Sally Penley. I think so many lovely cards can be made with these stamps in combination.


For this card, I used the Poinsettia Border, beautifully drawn by Nathalie, in combination with Sally Penley's gorgeous Peace on Earth sentiment. I stamped both in Versamark ink onto white bristol cardstock, and embossed with JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder. The panel was cut out with the Lawn Fawn LF76f8 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. The largest die of this set cuts a panel to 3.75" x 5" and adds the pretty stitched border.

I colored the flowers using Kuretake Zig Clean Color markers and a damp brush to move the color around. This card colored up SO FAST! The brushes on these markers are impossibly tiny, and so very easy to use. I think you could easily make quite a few of these very quickly.

I added score lines just above and below the sentiment to set it off. You could also easily use other coloring mediums, such as pencils, watercolor, painting with inks, or other markers such as Tombow or even Copic. Although I would probably emboss after using any alcohol based markers rather than before.

When I first made this card design, I made another version using colored pencils. I think the end result is almost indistinguishable from the card above.


Aside from the slight difference in colors, I think the biggest difference is that I didn't score above and below the sentiment on this one. The other difference is that this one took about 4 hours, while the one using Clean Color markers took about 20 minutes at the most.


The card on the left is while I was coloring with pencils. The one on the right is stamped and ready for the Clean Color markers. I stamped and embossed the colored pencil card after I finished coloring it (which I wasn't quite at the time of this photo)


Here is what it looked like when I was getting ready to stamp and emboss after coloring with pencils. (Sorry about my less than stellar photography. My hubby does the final card shots, and he is much better at that than I am).

I really like both cards, actually; and I very much enjoyed coloring this with my pencils. Honestly though, if I was going to make several of them, I would definitely emboss first and use the markers. I haven't decided about the scoring. What do you think?

Magenta Products used:

02.317.O Poinsettia Border

07.992.I Peace on Earth

Other Products used:

Both Cards:
Versamark ink
JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder
Lawn Farn LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die
Koh-I-Noor White Bristol cardstock
Stardream Jupiter cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

Card #1:
Kuretake Zig Clean Color markers: 029 Geranium Red;
022 Carmine Red; 047 May Green; 041 Light Green; 
053 Yellow Green

Card #2
Prismacolor Pencils: PC924 Crimson Red; PC926 Carmine Red;
PC928 Blush Pink; PC909 Grass Green, PC912 Apple Green
PC1004 Yellow Chartreuse

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne