Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blog Hop - Imagine Crafts and Magenta: Thank You!

Magenta_badge 

 Welcome to a week of fantastic collaboration between IMAGINE Crafts and Magenta Rubber Stamps! Both companies are excited to share with you their products, from the latest inks from IMAGINE Crafts to the newest Fall and Holiday stamp releases from Magenta.    


Today I thought I would try my favorite acrylic block stamping technique (you can see a tutorial in my original blogpost on this technique here).  This time I'm using StazOn solvent based inks from Tsukineko and IMAGINE Crafts.  I only recently heard from John Petersen of IMAGINE Crafts and Debbie Gaetz, an IMAGINE Crafts Artist in Residence that you can briefly make StazOn inks runny by spraying with alcohol.  Debbie tried this on her blog on September 1st, and made a beautiful card.  (You can visit her blog here).

I started by applying various colors of StazOn Ink to an acrylic block, and spraying liberally with alcohol (91% rubbing alcohol).  After spraying, I stamped onto watercolor paper.  You have to move fairly quickly, because this mixture will dry on your block.  Not to worry, what didn't clean off the acrylic block with a baby wipe cleaned off easily with StazOn cleaner.  


I found that since the ink dried so quickly, it was fairly easy to layer colors.  After having fun spraying and stamping with the block, I finished off the background with a good spray of Psst! Gold Shimmer Spritz.  This added a really gorgeous gold shimmer to the entire piece.  I paired this background with one of my favorite new Magenta stamps, the Multilingual Thank You.  The second sentiment in the block is Thank You in Icelandic (love!).  I stamped the sentiment onto a square of clear acetate and used vellum tape on the corners to stick it down.  A few gems were sprinkled on at the end.  In real life this card has the most beautiful shimmer.  Here's a closeup that shows that shimmer and the stamping on the acetate a little better



I have a bonus card on this post, because I could not stop playing with the Multilingual Thank You stamp, and also because I'm kind of in love with the new Irresistible Pico Embellishers.  In this card, I also used the Magenta Clover Silhouette stamp designed by the very talented Ellie Knol, of Magenta Design Team fame.


I first stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black, and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used various colors of Memento markers to color the Clover Silhouette stamp (first using Cantaloupe and Bamboo Leaves, and then going over many of the leaves with Potter's Clay).  The leaves were colored and stamped three times.  I then went over some of the leaves with the Pico Embellisher in Copper.  This gave them the most beautiful dimensional shine.  Work slowly, and be sure to start on a scrap piece of paper before starting each new leaf.  I also had fun making my own enamel dots.  I slowly squeezed out gorgeous coppery goodness from the Irresistible Embellisher onto my craft mat, making the dots different sizes.  I had to leave these overnight to dry completely; but it was well worth having some enamel dots to match my project.

These cards were so much fun to make!  Please leave a comment to be eligible for a great prize from IMAGINE Crafts and Magenta, and click on the links below to visit the other blogs in the hop.

Materials for StazOn Multilingual Thank You:
Magenta Stamps used:  
07.882.I  Multilingual Thank You

IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko products used:
StazOn Colors used:  Orange Zest; Cactus Green; Gothic Purple; Jet Black
Psst! Shimmer Spritz - Gold

Other:  Hero Arts Mixed Accents

Materials for Pico Embellisher Multilingual Thank You:
Magenta Stamps used:
07.882.I  Multilingual Thank You
48.011.L  Clover Silhouette

IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko products used:
Memento Marker colors used:  Canteloupe; Bamboo Leaves; Potters Clay
Pico Embellisher - Copper
Versafine Onyx Black
Clear Embossing Powder
IMAGINE Crafts Craft Mat

Other:  Stardream Copper paper


Prizes galore for participating in the Blog Hop this week!

IMAGINE Crafts and Magenta are offering a total of three different prizes this week as part of this Blog Hop. These prizes include IMAGINE Crafts' irRESISTible Texture Spray, irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, Delicata Shimmery Silver and Golden Glitz AND some of the newest releases from Magenta. Take a moment to visit the other featured artists' blogs listed below and leave a comment on their posts by midnight PST September 21st.  Three winners will be randomly selected from three different blogs from the seven days of the Hop, with one commenter from each blog draw as the winner. 
 

 Presenting the other featured projects for today:


Magenta_Hop_Cathy

Cathy Andronicou

 
Magenta_Hop_Maureen

Maureen Cronin


 
Magenta_Hop_Manon_1

Manon Couture

 
Magenta_Hop_Jolande_1

Jolande van Oosterhout

 
Magenta_Hop_Mariette_1

Mariëtte van Leeuwen

 
Blog Hop Hint – if you click on a link that takes you to a page saying something like, “Sorry this page cannot be found,” just click on the header at the top of the blog (usually a picture, or the blog’s name), and it will take you to that blog’s most recent post. That post *should* be our hop. If not, you can probably scroll down a short way to find the hop post.

24 comments:

  1. Great examples Dianne! Those multi language stamps are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed both your cards the first is my favorite because of all the lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! I can't pick a favourite - I love both of them! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quel beau mélange de couleurs! C'est magnifique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I don't know which card I like more, they are both so GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing these lovelies with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELOVELOVE the background on the first card and the shimmer is amazing!!! Your second card is so luscious! Kind of like a nice, rich, chocolate dessert that soothes your soul! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards, love the
    shimmer all over the first
    one!!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are wonderful card designs! I'm going to have to get that multi lingual thank you stamp after all! The Pico on the second card is perfect. Don't you just love spraying rubbing alcohol with StazOn to get that watercolor effect? Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That "thank you" sentiment is awesome. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great technique and the outcome is fantastic. Love the card and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! I love the pretty background colors on the first one, and the pretty Clover Silhouette stamp and colors on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have to get my hands on the Pico Embellisher as you used in the second card. Really love the shimmer on the first card too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This a fabulous technique. Thanks, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards... great technique... thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sentiment and the cards. Merci

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY, what a BEAUTIFUL pair of cards Dianne!!!
    WOW - your stazon inking looks AMAZING (& sounds so EXCITING), LOVE the golden shimmer and pretty acetate sentiment block - MORE FUN techniques for me to try - THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!!!
    Your second card is so warm and elegant - LOVE it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cool to see variations of the same stamp. I am glad you showed the closeup of the background colors of the first card. The shimmer must be beautiful in person. The second card is lovely as well. The shimmery heat embossing against the white looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, the pico embellisher looks awesome! I love the shimmer on the second card, and the first too! Great ideas. Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card. I love the gorgeous shimmer and the stamped acetate. Those Pico Embellishers are definitely on my wish list now - love the copper enamel dots

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne