Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Upcycle Your Scraps: Snowflake Tag

I have this one last tag for you. Remember the post where I made snowflake tags by cutting the Poppy Snowflake Ribbon out of tags colored with blue Nuance? I then inserted white glitter Snowflake Ribbons into them, and had the blue ones left over. You can see that post here.

Here is where I used the blue Snowflake Ribbons. First I have to tell you how we tag presents that go under our tree. I find photos of our kids, preferably from the past year. My husband then shrinks them down in Photoshop and cuts out just the faces and prints them in multiples. I take them and use a 1.5" punch on them and put scor-tape on the backs. When we wrap presents, I make tags for each present, and the photo of the recipient is stuck onto the front of the tag. That way everyone knows who it's for, and who it's from, and we don't have to have a place to write "to and from".



I cut the tag out of Stardream Opal cardstock with the MFT-525 Die-Namics Stitched Traditional Tag Stax (The second largest tag). I made ten of these at once to use with all of the leftover snowflakes. I took the tags and snowflakes out to the (very cold) garage and three at a time, used spray glue on the backs and stuck them to tags. I brought them in and used Sea Glass Stickles on the snowflakes.

I didn't punch a hole in the top of the tags or add ribbon, but it would be easy enough to do. These tags get stuck to the top of a present, and a little bow at the top would be pretty.

Since this one has my picture, maybe it will go on a present for me from my husband.. some new RubberMoon inks perhaps? Some Arteza pens? Hmmmmm....

I will have one more card to show you, and then I will take a break until after Christmas. Stay tuned!

Products Used:
Poppy Snowflake Ribbon die
MFT-525 Die-Namics Stitched Traditional Tag Stax
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Stardream Opal cardstock
Sea Glass Stickles
Magenta Nuance

3 comments:

  1. Dianne - love the idea of photos on the tags! and that's a great photo of you, by the way. :-) From Laura Pervier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Haha! I was in Iceland when that picture was taken! Can you tell by how happy I am?

      Delete
    2. Yep! I remember talking to you after that trip. I was quite envious of you. :-) Laura

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne