Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

Christmas Mini Masterpieces

I have taken a number of classes from the amazing Sally Penley, and my favorites are still the Mini Masterpiece classes. The short description of the Mini Masterpieces is that you create a master sheet of artwork, using several mediums (these were done primarily with acrylics and a sharpie on watercolor paper) and then you cut it up into 2" squares. If you take Sally's class, she gives you some cards onto which she has already penned some of her amazing calligraphy. When we took the Christmas class, she said that we could reproduce her images to make our Christmas cards. It is my very great hope that someday Sally's beautiful calligraphy will be available in stamps.

If you are local, I highly recommend taking a class with Sally - honestly all of her classes are amazing and you will learn so much. You can access her website here to sign up for her email list and also to purchase some of her beautiful work.



The 2" square mini masterpiece was mounted onto a 2.25" square of Hopsack Red 90# paper from The Paper Cut. The squares were mounted onto a white panel of 80# Neenah Solar White cardstock on which the Joy image was printed. The white panel was die cut with Lawn Fawn die LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables which makes a nice stitched rectangle that is 3.75" x 5". The white panel was mounted onto the Hopsack Red cardstock that was cut to 4" x 5.25", and that was mounted onto a base card of Neenah Solar White 110".

Although the Mini Masterpieces are my work, I give credit to Sally for the card designs and of course the calligraphy. If you are not local, you can still make similar cards and use a pretty sentiment stamp that you may already have. I have often thought that the Magenta Merry Christmas stamp 07.462.I would look good on this card design. You can link to the Magenta store by clicking on this image.


I made 3 Mini Masterpiece Christmas cards this year. I will post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne