Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Iceland!

I have been absent from the blog for a bit because we have been in Iceland attending our daughter's wedding.  She has married a wonderful young man from Reykjavik, and we couldn't be happier.  A big plus is that we get two weeks in one of the most beautiful countries in the world.  The people are SO nice, and big plus for us, they all speak excellent English.  The food is fabulous, and I will miss the Skyr when we go back.  (Skyr is a yogurt-like product that is actually a non fat cheese, and it's delicious).  Don't want to bore anyone with an extensive slide show, but here are a couple of pictures I snapped.

Everyone walks everywhere, and there is a definite European feel to the city

Reykjavik 2014

Down every cross street at the city center, you can see views like this that take your breath away

Reykjavik 2014

There are fabulous shops along the main street downtown, and lots of wonderful coffee shops.  Here is the seat of a chair in one of our favorite coffee shops ("C is for Cookie").  I loved it...very Zen!

Chair Cover at "C is for Cookie"

Iceland is not mostly ice like some people think; in fact, it's very beautiful here.  It HAS snowed a couple of times since we've been here - beautiful big fat flakes of snow that didn't really stick, but just softly fell on us.  One day it hailed on us - tiny rice-sized hail.  We just ducked into a nearby coffee shop and enjoyed the show.

Tiny Swirling Hail

We are going to do some forays into the countryside this week.  We love it here, and will definitely be back!

4 comments:

  1. love those pics. Pleeeze . . . BORE me MORE! Reykjavik is now on my must bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everyone should come here for a visit! It's absolutely one of the coolest places I have ever been; and I'm not just talking about the temperature. I still haven't seen Northern Lights, because it's pretty late in that season, but I have hopes.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing... it sure give us the desire to visit this country...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, So wonderful to see parts of the country. I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation. I can't wait to hear about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne