Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Alcohol Ink Swirls

Last month at play day at Art'n Soul, one technique we were trying out was to get a tub of water and float drops of alcohol ink on top of the water.  We then took pieces of watercolor paper (I use 140# Strathmore cold press) and dragged them through the ink.  I love the effect, and I will definitely use all of these pieces for cards.  It was very difficult to predict how any individual piece would turn out, but it was definitely the case that the bright colors work the best.  We used Ranger alcohol inks for this technique.  Some I liked better than others, but I liked them all.  Sorry if the camera work is not up to par - I took these pics with my iPhone.



On the one below, I tried to stamp and emboss an image in white; but it was a failed experiment.  I didn't take into account that alcohol ink will stick to glossy just fine.  You can faintly see a bicycle image in it - this is the Magenta bicycle stamp 42.192.N






This "thanks" that I die cut from a previous project happened to land on one of the marbled pieces on my desk.  This will definitely be a "thank you" card in the future!



I took one of the pieces and Zentangled on it, and then wrote a note on the back to send to my new friends in Iceland.  I hope they like it!  I really liked using the color in this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne