Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Chose Happiness Shaker

Magenta has a number of round masks or stencils, which I love. I especially love the bird ones. There are a lot of mediums you can use with these, but for this project I chose Distress ink blending. It's especially easy to blend ink through a stencil. You normally don't tend to get any harsh edges from your blending tool. I used Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Blueprint Sketch. Once the ink had dried, I added some white spots with a Uniball broad white gel pen.


To make the top panel, I cut a piece of Neenah solar white cardstock to 5.5" x 5.5" square and cut a 3" circle out of the center. I have a Doily stencil mask from Magenta, and thought it would make a great embossed design. I centered the circle on the stencil and ran it through my Big Shot machine.

I loved how it turned out and thought I would pop it up off the inked panel. It was at this point that I realized that it needed to be a shaker card. I cut a piece of craft foam 5.25" x 5.25" and cut a circle out of the center. I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the white embossed panel, and then adhered the craft foam piece over that, centering the circles so that the foam would not show at the front.

I adhered a few sequins to the inked panel and sprinkled a few extra sequins and some small beads on it as well. I carefully put Scor tape around the circle of craft foam, and around the edges of the foam as well. Centering the circles carefully, I stuck it down to the inked piece.

I stamped my sentiment onto a strip of So Silk Passion Purple cardstock using Versamark ink. I embossed it with JudiKins White Diamond embossing powder and cut notches in the strip. I added the sentiment strip to the front of the card, along with a few more sequins.

Magenta Products Used:
(If you are local, please look for products at Art 'n Soul. If you are not local and wish to find Magenta products, you can click on the link in the stamp or product name below each image, or you can visit the Magenta online store here).

MC36 Five Birds on Wires

MC25 Doily
07.845.G Choose happiness

Other Products Used:

Distress ink: Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch
Hero Arts DI199 Infinity Nesting Circle die set
Uniball Broad white gel pen
White craft foam
Versamark ink
JudiKins White Diamond embossing powder
So Silk Passion Purple cardstock
Scor tape
Sweetheart sequin mix from Neat & Tangled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne