Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanks to Everyone

This is the last Thank You card in this series. I really want to thank everyone who was there for us at Art 'n Soul in the last month we were in business. Thanks to our customers and all of our vendors, especially the ones who helped us and went out of their way to make things easier. Thanks to Magenta, Rubbermoon and Stampscapes especially for facilitating our last orders. Thanks to our great rep Steve Meyer at Notions for making sure we got everything, and thanks to all of our very loyal customers. We will miss you greatly! Please like us on Facebook and occasionally when we find something interesting to share we will post there.

As for me, I will continue with my blog posts, and work through my big box of stamps and dies that I have not yet used. I hope you like what I have created and thanks for looking!


I really love this leaf collage die from Poppy. It has plenty of space in the center, so that you could stamp a variety of sentiments. I first cut the die out of a piece of Curious Metallics White Gold cardstock. I centered one of the Memory Box Stitched Square Layers dies over the leaf cutout, and ran it through my Big Shot. It makes such a perfect size square with a pretty stitched edge.

I stamped the You Are awesome stamp (from Simon Says Stamp Thoughtful Messages) in the center of the wreath in Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Since I was using a coated paper, the ink really needed to be embossed because it would take way too long to dry, if ever. If you use regular cardstock, you may not have to emboss it if you don't want to.

Next I cut the leaf collage die out of Yupo paper that was covered with alcohol ink in Fall colors. I intended to keep all of the pieces still in the die, but they fell out. I kept all of them right where they fell, and carried my cutting plate to my work table.

I covered the back of the white panel with scor tape, so that the openings were covered with adhesive. When you turn your piece over, all of the openings are sticky. The leaves I had cut out of the Yupo paper were still on my cutting plate in approximately the right order, and I just placed them in the openings of the white panel one by one. This part went very quickly and easily.

Again using the Memory Box Stitched Square Layers, (the next size up) I die cut a panel out of So Silk Glamour Green cardstock to frame the white panel. I mounted the panels onto a base card of Neenah Cream 110# cardstock cut and scored to 4.25" x 5.5"

Using the "Script Thanks" die from Simon Says Stamp, I cut out the "Thanks" sentiment from Glamour Green cardstock and adhered it below the squares. Under that, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, I stamped the message "for everything" that is from the Memory Box Spring Lilacs set.

This card came together very quickly and could be used for lots of occasions. It could be used for Christmas using green leaves and adding red dots for berries; or for Spring using just different greens for the leaves.

Products Used:
Poppy 1952 Wreath Collage
Memory Box 30038 Stitched Square Layers
Memory Box CL5199 Spring Lilacs Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp SSS101740 Thoughtful Messages Stamp Set
Simon Says Stamp SSSD111718 Script Thanks die
Ranger Alcohol Ink
Tim Holtz Yupo paper
Versafine Onyx Black ink
JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder
Curious Metallics White Gold cardstock
So Silk Glamour Green cardstock
Neenah Cream 110# cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne