Pages

Friday, October 26, 2018

Super Saturday - Magenta ATCoins Swap Part 2

If you saw my last post, then you know that Magenta is having an ATCoin swap! It's so fun to create little artworks on a 2.5" circle, and even more fun to swap with someone else. You can participate in this international swap by signing up here. Once you're matched up with someone, you can send them your ATCoins, and they will send you theirs. I can't wait! You can see my first two Coins here.


My third Coin has a Fall theme. I blended Distress Inks Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey and Mustard Seed onto the background. I thought I would try my technique of "stencil stamping" on this one. You can see the technique demonstrated on a previous post here. I sprayed the Magenta stencil TM286 Wavy Lines with water and placed the wet stencil onto my blended background. When I lifted up the stencil, it picked up some of the ink and the water reacted to the background leaving ghostly trails that look like branches.

I stamped the Distressed Background Text stamp just lightly on the bottom on the Coin in Tea Dye Distress ink. I then stamped the new Fall Berries stamp in Versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I cut out the circle with the Frantic Stamper FRA-DIE-09637 Stitched Circle die that cuts it to exactly 2.5" and leaves a nice stitched edge.


The last coin in this series has a winter theme. I stamped onto watercolor cardstock one of my favorite new stamps in the new Magenta collection, Poinsettia Border. Under it I stamped the Peace sentiment from the top of the Peace Love Joy Calligraphy stamp designed by Sally Penley. I stamped everything in Versamark ink and embossed with Gold embossing powder. Sorry that in the photo the gold doesn't look shiny like it does in real life.


I tried photographing it at an oblique angle, which kind of makes it look oval, but you can see that the gold is shiny. I colored the poinsettia and the background with Kuretake Zig Clean Color markers and colored over those with a Wink of Stella glitter pen. You can almost see the glittery sparkle at this angle. Once again I cut this Coin out with the Stitched Circles die from Frantic Stanper.


Here are the backs of these two coins, using the new Magenta ATCoin stamp. You don't have to have this to participate in the swap, but it's a fun one to have. I plan to make lots more ATCoins. You can swap them, or you can adhere or insert them on cards or make tags from them. It's just such a fun size and shape.

Pam, Bianca and I did a joint post on the Magenta blog today and you can see that here. You can see Pam's post on her blog here.

You can go here to sign up for the Magenta swap, but hurry! The deadline is October 30 to sign up, then you have until November 12 to make and send out your ATCoins.

Magenta Products used:
(If you click on the link in the name below each image, 
it will take you to the Magenta store)

0760.N Fall Berries


TM286 Wavy Lines



48.003.N Distressed Background Text

02.317.O Poinsettia Border

07.990.G Peace Love Joy

07.1009.J Artist Trading Coin

Other Products used:

Distress inks: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey,
Mustard Seed, Tea Dye
JudiKins Gold Detail Embossing Powder
Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens:
022 Carmine Red, 029 Geranium Red, 
047 May Green, 041 Light Green,
053 Yellow Green
FRA-DIE 09637 Stitched Circles
Wink of Stella Glitter Marker



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne