This is my second post regarding making cards for a charity sponsored by some of my friends' church. I am going to try to make 10 cards per month to donate to this cause. The cards for February are all pretty much the same except for colors.
As stated before, I am making only card tops, since they will be adhered to card bases with the charity information printed on them. My friend Deb Kuttel collaborated with me on these cards. She did the color blending on many of them, and I did most of the die cutting and putting together. I blended the one above, because this is one of my favorite color combinations (Distress inks: Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, and Wilted Violet).
Deb blended the one above, and I like it a lot. I believe the colors are Distress inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, and Ripe Persimmon. The background stamp is from Impression Obsession - Cover-a-Card CC303 Spring Garden. I stamped and embossed them using Versamark ink and JudiKins White Diamond embossing powder.
This one was made using the Impression Obsession background Cover-a-Card stamp, Floral Lines CC089 that we used a lot for the January cards. The colors in this one are Distress inks: Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet
The colors in this one are Distress inks Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, and Mowed Lawn.
The "Thank You" sentiment used for these cards are from the Simon Says Stamp die "Thank You" czd74. It comes with a background and the outline sentiment. I cut the backgrounds out of silver glitter paper and colored them with very light Copic markers to coordinate with the colors in the cards. I don't think that coloring on the silver shows up super well in these pictures.
This is one I colored, and I used Distress inks: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Candied Apple. The detailed part of the sentiment is cut out of Black Ranger Alcohol Ink cardstock. This cardstock is a matte black that is so dark, and really looks good in real life. I got the tip to use this for sentiments from Jennifer McGuire.
All of the top panels on these cards were cut to size using the Lawn Fawn LF768 Stitched Rectangle Stackable die set. The largest die in this set cuts a panel to 3.75" x 5". This size allows a mat sized 4" x 5.25", and that is a good size to adhere to a base card.
Here are all of the card toppers we made for February. I hope you like them!