Pages

Friday, May 22, 2020

Paper Rose: Ella's Garden Leafy Circle

Still can't get enough of the Paper Rose dies, and have ordered some more. Love them all. They are beautiful against backgrounds (and I love making backgrounds) and they cut out really well.


This die is gorgeous! Paper Rose 17964 Ella's Garden Leafy Circle. After cutting the die out of white cardstock, I think it looked best on a darker background. The background above was done with Nuance powdered color, and was a technique taught in a class by Helene from Magenta Stamps. There are layers of Nuance, and a stencil was used to then lift color out. At the end I flicked silver watercolor over it.



Here are all 3 cards I made: the first is a Distress Oxide background; the middle is a stencil stamped regular Distress background, and the third (which is my favorite) was made with Nuance. I actually think this die could make any background look good, but I especially like the bubbly patterns on these.



I tried to take close-ups of these two. They are all a bit shimmery, but the camera can't really capture it.

I cut the white panel to 3.75" x 5" using the Lawn Fawn LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die (the largest one in the set). I then cut the Paper Rose die out and stamped the sentiment (from Penny Black). I adhered the white panels to the backgrounds, which are cut to 4" x 5.25". They will be mounted to 110# base cards before I send them. 



I hope you enjoyed these, they were a breeze to make, and a lot of fun.

Magenta Products used:

Magenta Nuance
TM179 Bubble Path Duo

Other Products used:

Paper Rose die 17964 Ella's Garden Leafy Circle
Penny Black 30-286 Heartfelt stamp set
Distress ink & Distress Oxide ink
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne