Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

Super Saturday at Magenta: Distress Oxide Gelli Plate Background With Prismacolors

 Hi! I'm over at the Magenta blog today and you can see that post here.

I really enjoy making Gelli plate backgrounds using Distress Oxide ink. I made this one using a brayer to apply Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, and Blueprint Sketch inks onto the Gelli plate. I picked up the colors with Neenah Solar White cardstock.


I also flicked some of the Oxide inks over the panel for additional texture.

I die cut the panel using The Greetery Crimped Frame die, and then stamped it with the beautiful Magenta Blossom Crescent stamp in Wilted Violet.


I pulled out some purple Prismacolor pencils (see below for which colors I used) and colored the flower petals. I used my favorite greens for the leaves and branches. I loved how the Prismacolors were not completely opaque, but let some of the spots on the background show through.


When I stamped the flower image, I used a stamp platform and left the stamp in. After coloring the image, I put the panel back in the platform and stamped again using Versamark ink. I embossed it with silver to bring out the detail in the flowers.

In the photograph at the top of the page, the embossing looks a bit white. The silver is hard to capture. Maybe it shows up here a bit better?


At the end, I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Clair Blue Belle ink., and matted the panel with PTI Enchanted Evening ink.

Magenta Products Used:
Other Products Used:
Prismacolor Pencils: PC1026 Greyed Lavender,
PC956 Lilac, PC1008 Parma Violet,
Scholar 331 Purple,
PC1004 Yellow Chartreuse, PC1005 Limepeel,
PC912 Apple Green, PC908 Dark Green
Distress Oxide: Wilted Violet,
Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch
Gelli Plate
The Greetery Crimped Frame Die
Versafine Clair Blue Belle ink
Versamark ink
JudiKins Detail Silver embossing powder
PTI Enchanted Evening cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne