Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Distress Oxides: Beautiful Day

This is the first post using a bit of the Distress Oxide backgrounds I made recently. Honestly, I think that whatever you do with these inks will be pretty. To see my overview post about Oxide inks, please click here.


For this Oxide panel, I blended Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade and Broken China. I spritzed it with water and using a brush, I liberally splashed it with Broken China ink that I had added to my mat and spritzed with water. 

I cut the Oxide piece using the largest die in the Die-Namics MFT-482 Vertical Stitched Strips die set. The white panel is a piece of textured cardstock that I cut with the stitched rectangle from the Die-Namics MFT-463 Blueprints 13 Set.

I placed the white panel and the Oxide panel together in my stamping tool, and lined them up carefully so that the stitched edges matched. I inked the Magenta 0648.N Wild Miscanthus stamp with Versafine Onyx Black ink and stamped it a couple of times. Some sort of stamping tool, such as the MISTI or Tim Holtz works best for this. I removed the Oxide Panel and stamped the white panel only, a couple more times.

I took the white panel out of the stamping tool, and applied JudiKins Gold Detail embossing powder to the inked image. Since Versafine is a pigment ink, you can emboss it, and if you are using an opaque embossing powder like gold, it doesn't matter what color you are using for your stamping.


I took this photo at an angle so you could see how pretty the gold is in real life. I absolutely love the effect the embossing has on the textured cardstock.

I put the panel back in the stamping tool and lined up the sentiment, Magenta 07.969.F Have a Beautiful Day, and stamped it with the Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I lined up the Oxide panel carefully onto the white panel and adhered it down, making sure that the leaf fronds matched. The panel is matted with Malmero Pearle blue cardstock.

Whenever I use sequins these days, I add just a little dot of Stickles, and that hides the hole.

I hope you enjoy! More to come.

Magenta Products Used:

0648.N Wild Miscanthus
07.969.F have a Beautiful day!

Other Products Used:
Die-Namics MFT-482 Vertical Stitched Strips
Die-Namics MFT-463 Blueprints 13
Distress Oxide inks: Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Broken China
JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder
Recollections white textured cardstock 80#
Blue Malmero Pearle cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

2 comments:

  1. Love this card, I never would have thought to split the image and emboss half, I can’t wait to try it! I miss the store and visiting with you. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne