Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Die-cut Mini Masterpiece: Greetings from Washington!

Another die-cut mini masterpiece cut from the masterboard done in shades of blue. I love this one because I love the rainy gray weather we have here in Western Washington in the winter, and love the snow we get also.


My husband said that native Washingtonians would not be using an umbrella. OK maybe true, but umbrellas, rain and snow are iconic for Washington, and I love this cute umbrella die by Impress. I used a dark blue cardstock for the square, and flicked some white paint onto it.

Here's the blue masterboard again.


Can you see where I cut the umbrella from? I can make lots and lots of great cards before I've used this piece up.

This card design is based on the Mini Masterpieces that we did in a class by Sally Penley. You can look at my Mini Masterpieces herehere, here, herehere, and hereSally is still teaching the Mini Masterpiece class, so if you are local, I highly recommend it. You will get so much from this class. You can access her website here to sign up for her classes or buy her beautiful artwork.

Products Used:
Umbrella die from Impress Rubber Stamps
Impress Rubber Stamps 5526D-Greetings
Die-namics MFT463 Blueprints 13 - stitched rectangle 5.25" x 4"
raindrops from Pretty Pink Posh
Deco silver foil

5 comments:

  1. Love your blue masterboard, and so clever to use it in such way.
    And no...and no I don't remeember Washington state as rainy, so I guess we were lucky and had our visit in the best period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes Mariëtte, you were here at the very very best time! We have beautiful summers here. :-) That was such a good time!

      Delete
  2. Thumb your nose at your hubby! I've lived around here for most of my life and while the rain doesn't bother me, I LOVE umbrellas! I don't use plain ones, but ones with wolves, flamingos and other critters on them. They're FUN to use. So, pooey on him! From Laura P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne - I like how it looks like you're looking out a window at the starry sky. And as a note to my previous comment - I hate coats with hoods on 'em. Yet another reason to use umbrellas. :-) From Laura P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Laura! I like umbrellas too, but I rarely carry one. ;-)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne