Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Die-Cut Mini Masterpiece: With Sympathy

I hope you all are not tired of the mini masterpiece masterboards and all that you can do with them. I have been having lots of fun experimenting with making these and then die-cutting them to change up the look of the cards. Over the course of several posts I will share these with you.

First off, you need to look for dies that have a lot of surface area that you are cutting out, without a lot of holes in them. I'm sure you probably already have some dies in your stash that would work.


I absolutely love how this card turned out. There is enough surface area in the leaves to see the progression of the paint lines from one leaf to the next. The masterboard that I made for this wasn't really my favorite.


But then this amazing thing always happens when you cut it. It becomes this beautiful work of art. I have to say that making these masterboards is really a lot of fun too. There is a freedom in the scribbling and slapping paint down. I added copper Deco foil to this masterboard, and you might be able to see it in the leaves above. I matted the card with copper Stardream cardstock. The green square is just from a pad of textured colored cardstock that I picked up somewhere.

The With Sympathy stamp is by Gretchen Ehrsam and was made by RubberMoon. Gretchen Ehrsam's designs are no longer available at RubberMoon, unfortunately. You could go through your stash for a similar stamp, or you could also get this favorite from Magenta. This is a direct link to this item at the Magenta online store. Magenta kindly made this stamp at our request when we were at Art 'n Soul, and it is still available for sale.

07.928.I with Sympathy


This card design is based on the Mini Masterpieces that we did in a class by Sally Penley. You can look at my Mini Masterpieces herehere, here, and hereSally is still teaching the Mini Masterpiece class, so if you are local, I highly recommend it. You will get so much from this class. You can access her website here to sign up for her classes or buy her beautiful artwork.


Products Used:
Penny Black leaf die 51-120 lively
Die-namics MFT463 Blueprints 13 - stitched rectangle 5.25" x 4"
Copper Deco foil
Stardream copper cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne