Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Ornament Collage Christmas Tag

Just a little pause in my Distress Oxide posts to show you the Christmas tag I made recently. I'm actually making multiples of these. I'm trying to get ahead of the stress I usually feel around October, trying to get Christmas cards and tags made. I'm planning to do a design each month. alternating cards and tags. I will make multiples of each design. This tag design was supposed to be done in February, so I'm already behind (shock).


I love these tags, and there is no stamping whatsoever. Although in the photo, it looks like the sparkly ornament and Christmas are raised up above the cardstock, they are not; the glitter paper is behind the die-cut.

I first used the Simon Says Stamp SSSD111393 Holiday Frames die, and cut it out of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock and Hopsack Red cardstock from The Paper Cut. The die cuts away the square behind the word MERRY, and if you are using two colors, you can switch the backgrounds out. You have to save some of the bits around the word MERRY to piece back in, and also save the centers of the "R" and "A" in CHRISTMAS, but it's worth it.


Here's the reverse one with white as the background. I die cut the Simon Says Stamp S404 Corbel Ornament Collage die out of the center of the background on each tag.

After placing gold glitter cardstock on the back that shows through the ornament and the word CHRISTMAS, I covered the back with a plain white rectangle, cut to 3" x 3.75", which is the size of the Holiday Frames panel.

I rounded the corners using a 1/4" corner rounder, and put a little bow on the top made from some wired gold ribbon from Michaels. Here is a photo of the two together. I have made 20 of these tags and put them away for Christmas.


To see my first Christmas card design for this year, click here. I still have lots of Christmas stamps and dies I have not yet used. My next Christmas design will be a card.

Products Used:
Simon Says Stamp die SSSD111393 Holiday Frames
Simon Says Stamp S404 Corbel Ornament Collage
Core'dinations Gold Glitter adhesive paper (sold at JoAnns)
Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock
Hopsack Red cardstock from The Paper Cut
1/8" Galena wired gold metallic ribbon (sold at Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne