Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Botanical Christmas Tags

As part of my ongoing attempt to have a low stress Christmas this year, I am alternating making Christmas cards and tags each month. April was tag month, so I made these tags using the Papertrey Ink Botanical Blocks IV set, which has 2 beautiful framed stamps: Poinsettia and Holly.



I absolutely love all of the PTI Botanical Blocks sets, but this one might be my favorite. You will probably see these stamps on the Christmas cards I will make in May, but using a different medium.

I stamped these tags with Versamark ink, and embossed them with JudiKins Gold Detail embossing powder. I couldn't decide whether I liked white cardstock or kraft, so I made half from one and half from the other.



I really enjoy having something to color in the evening while I listen to podcasts, so that's what I did with these. I made 20 total tags, and colored them all with Prismacolor pencils (details on colors below).



I wanted to put a small bow at the top of each, and looked at local stores for some thin, wired, red ribbon. Of course, I couldn't find that at all. I have gold though, so I colored the gold ribbon with a Copic marker, and that worked perfectly!



On the Poinsettia tags, I couldn't color with colored pencil on the leaves because the openings were too small, so I used a Tombow marker. I had in mind that I could use a water brush on them, and it worked ok, but that technique works best on watercolor paper. I think leaving the water out would have been fine.

At one point, I had gotten some green outside the lines and tried to take it out with some water (like you can do on watercolor paper) and it just stayed green, but got bigger and bigger. So I tried using a sand eraser on the big green spot and just made a hole in my paper because it was still wet! lol! I KNOW better than this! This is the tag, and I used some Simon Says Stamp confetti to cover it up. No one will ever know, except for you all. The very last step I went over the ivy and poinsettias with a Wink of Stella pen to add some glittery goodness.



Products used:
Die-namics MFT-525 Stitched Traditional Tag Stax
Patertrey Ink Botanical Blocks IV
Papertrey Ink Snow Globe Sentiments (for sentiment)
Prismacolor Pencils: PC926 Carmine Red, PC924 Crimson Red,
PC 1005 Limepeel, PC909 Grass Green
Tombow marker 245 for leaves on Poinsettias
Versamark ink
JudiKins Gold Detail embossing powder
Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Confetti
Celebrate It Gold Wired Edge Ribbon (from Michaels)
Copic marker R46 to color ribbon
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Paper Accents Natural Kraft cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne