Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Distress Oxide Glaze Technique: Thanks!

This is my last post for now using the Distress Oxide Glaze technique, although I'm sure I will use this technique a lot more going forward. These backgrounds are so easy and fun to make, and once you have some in your stash, it's easy to make a card in a hurry. If you have not seen my tutorial on this technique, you can see it here. You can also see examples of cards you can make with these backgrounds here (Toward the bottom of this post is what is possibly my favorite card of the bunch.), here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. I know, it's a lot, I get obsessed with a technique and have a hard time letting it go.


This one is probably my favorite of the die-cut series and I think it was the easiest to make. I didn't even stamp anything on it!

I die cut the white panel from Core-dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock using the largest of the Lawn Fawn LF-768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. The square was cut out of the top center of this panel using the MFT-860 Die-Namics Inside/Outside Square Layers.

The Distress Oxide glazed panel was made previously, and the inks used are listed below. I cut the panel using the MFT-768 Die-Namics Blueprints 13 die set, which cuts a rectangle 5.25" x 4".

The flower that is draped across the square opening is from Memory Box 98333 Honeyblossom Sprig. This is one of my favorite Memory Box dies, and it is still in production.

The "Thanks" sentiment was cut from another piece of Oxide glazed panel that had similar colors, using an Impression Obsession die DIE258-K.

The entire panel was adhered to a base card of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock, and I glued down some crystal iridescent sequins and put a little Stickles in the center of each sequin.

I hoped you liked this very long sequence of cards using the Distress Oxide glaze technique! My next post will be my April Christmas tags. 

Products Used:
Memory Box die 98333 Honeyblossom Sprig
Impression Obsession DIE258-K Thanks
MFT 768 Die-Namics Blueprints 13 die set
MFT-860 Die-Namics Inside/Outside Square Layers
Lawn Fawn LF-768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Distress Oxide inks: Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick, 
Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Wild Honey, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint
Ranger Glaze Medium
Core'dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock
Ranger Alcohol Ink cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock


4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne