Pages

Friday, May 11, 2018

Distress Oxide Glaze Technique: Sending You Sunshine!

Another card using the Distress Oxide glaze technique. If you have not seen my post on how to do this technique, you can see it here.


For the card today, I used another Memory Box die 99940 Fresh Flowers. I like this die because the insides of the petals come out and you can have different color petals and outlines.

In this case,  I die cut the flower first from "Core'dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock, and then also from a panel of Distress Oxide glaze, where I had used pinks and orange colors.

I adhered the flower to a circle of Paper Accents Natural Kraft cardstock, that I had cut using one of the MFT-849 Inside Outside Stitched Circle dies.

I adhered the circle to a panel of Distress Oxide glaze that I had cut with the largest of the Lawn Fawn LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle dies.

I stamped the bottom of the Distress Oxide glazed panel with a Magenta sentiment 07.952.F Sending You Sunshine, using Versafine Clair Green Oasis ink. Since this ink will probably never dry on the glazed surface of my panel, I applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.

I matted the panel with a piece of Papertrey Ink Pinefeather cardstock, and adhered the entire panel to a base card of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock. I applied YNS Gumdrops - Magical Pastel yellow enamel dots to the centers of the flowers.

Products Used:
Magenta 07.952.F Sending You Sunshine!
Memory Box 99940 Fresh Flowers die
Lawn Fawn LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
MFT-849 Die-Namics Inside-Outside Stitched Circle dies
Distress Oxide inks: Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry,
Wilted Violet, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio,
Lucky Clover Peeled Paint
Ranger Glaze Medium
Versafine Clair Green Oasis ink
JudiKins Clear Detail embossing powder
Ranger Alcohol Ink cardstock
Core-dinations 80# White Canvas cardstock
Papertrey Ink Pinefeather cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock
YNS Gumdrops - Magical Pastel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne