Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Magenta Challenge - March 2015




March 2015 - Magenta Challenge :
Nature
Create a Card, a Layout or even an altered object, if you feel like it,
follow the theme and use at least one Magenta product :
papers, stamps, embellishment, Peel Off's, chipboard and more...

You have until March 29th to enter!

Here's my card


This card was created with the stencil stamping technique that I featured on my blog here.  First I used a piece of watercolor paper, and stamped it with Rain Drops 42.233.O, using Versamark Ink.  I then applied Distress Ink with a mini blending tool, using Broken China, Rusty Hinge, and Faded Jeans.  Since the Versamark acted as a resist to the ink, the water drops show up in the background.

I took the Small Birch Forest template TM 56 and spritzed it with water mixed with Perfect Pearls powder.  I then carefully laid the wet template onto the inked panel, pressing it on with a paper towel.  Since Distress Ink is so reactive with water, the trees were reproduced perfectly onto the inked surface.  An added feature of using Perfect Pearls in the water is that there is a lovely shine to the bark of the trees.

After the paper had dried, I stamped it with Tree Branch Birds 0712.Q, using Mowed Lawn Distress. I colored in the birds with a black Micron 01 pen to make them pop out, and then went over them with a clear Wink of Stella glitter marker.

I stamped the sentiment Imagine 07.901.F onto a strip of 17# vellum, using Versamark Ink, and embossed it with Ranger Black Sparkle embossing powder.  Can you tell I love sparkle and shine?

I wrapped the vellum strip around the watercolor panel and glued it to the back.  The panel was then mounted onto a piece of So Silk blue card stock, and the entire piece was mounted onto a white base card.

I love, love, love how this turned out, and really, you could use many sentiments with this design.

It's your turn!!  Make a card with the Nature theme, and using at least one Magenta product.  You have until March 29th to enter.  Go to the Magenta blog here, and use In linkz to link to your project. One entry per person.

You could win this Magenta Prize :


Magenta products used:

Water Drops 42.233.O
Small Birch Forest TM 56
Tree Branch Birds 0712.Q
Imagine 07.901.F

Other Products used:
Distress Inks: Broken China, Rusty Hinge, Faded Jeans, Mowed Lawn
Versamark Ink
Perfect Pearls Powder
Micron 01 Black pen
Wink of Stella clear
Tim Holtz watercolor paper
So Silk Blue paper
17# vellum
Ranger Black Sparkle embossing powder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne