Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Magenta Autumn 2015 Catalog

Great news! The Magenta Autumn 2015 Catalog is out! These are images by Christine Gaudreault of MarieLune Designs, and they are very beautiful! I think you will agree that these designs are timeless and could be used all year around. If you are local to Art 'n Soul, we have had a trunk show of these lovely stencils and stamps at the shop since October 18. If you have not been by to see them, you should definitely do so!



Wait just a moment for the catalog to pop in. If you are having any trouble viewing the catalog, please go the Magenta blog here

The stencils and stamps in this catalog are so inspiring, that the Magenta Design Team, including Helene Métevier have created a Look Book to inspire you. One of my designs made the back cover, so please be sure to browse the entire book!




Here is a look at my card that appears in the book.


I masked off the top and bottom of the panel (regular 80# Solar White card stock). Working in the unmasked opening in the center of the panel, I first, I inked up the sentiment stamp with Ground Espresso Distress ink, and stamped off onto a piece of scrap paper once, then onto my panel. I did this twice more so that the sentiment filled the length of the panel. Using an ink blending tool, I applied the Wild Honey Distress ink to the center of the panel, and then sponged the other colors (Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge) around the edges. I heat set the ink, brushed a powder tool over the inked area, and stamped the leaf stamp three times in Versamark ink. Judikins Gold Detail embossing powder was then used to emboss the leaves.

To create the single "Dream..." sentiment at the bottom, I taped off everything on the stamp except that word, and inked it with the Ground Espresso Distress ink. After removing the tape, I stamped the word onto the bottom left of the panel.

I hope this Inspiration Book inspires you! I think you will love this collection.

Magenta Stamps used:
85.018.K Stylized Leaves
07.945.K Reality
Other Products Used:
Distress Inks: Ground Espresso, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge
Versamark Ink
Judikins Gold Detail embossing powder

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne