Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Two Last Christmas Cards for 2015

Things just got so crazy toward the Holidays, that I just never got these posted before Christmas, but I had to post them because I love them both! Bookmark them to try for next year; Magenta never retires their stamps or stencils, so everything will still be available!


Both of these cards use the same technique that I call Stencil Stamping. On the first one, the green panel was featured in a Technique of the Week post, and I told you that you would see it again later on a card! The technique tutorial can be seen here. After creating the panel, I rubbed the edges of the green panel through a gold Delicate ink pad and mounted it on an A2 white base card. I then stamped the sentiment (Magenta 07.780.G) with Black Onyx Versafine Ink.


This second card is so sparkly in real life! It was also Stencil Stamped, using the Magenta stencil TM104 Daisy Love. This is one of my favorite stencils for this technique. You can see a tutorial of stencil stamping here, and other stencil stamped cards here, here, and here. This card also has one of my favorite Christmas stamps (Magenta 07.883.K Multilingual Merry Christmas), since it contains the sentiment Merry Christmas in languages that have a lot of meaning to me: English, French, Icelandic, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, and Russian.

Joyeux Noel Card 

Magenta Products Used:
TM123 Small Holly Border Template
07.780.G Joyeux Noel Small
Other Products Used
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn
Perfect Pearls Powder
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Delicate Gold Ink
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Hero Arts red nailheads

Merry Christmas Card 

Magenta Products Used
07.883.K Multilingual Merry Christmas
TM104 Daisy Love Template
Other Products Used
Distress Inks: Broken China, Faded Jeans
Perfect Pearls Powder
Versamark Ink
Ranger Black Sparkle Embossing Powder
So Silk Fair Blue paper
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Various Sequins

4 comments:

  1. Hi Diane...how did you manage the sentiment background for the bleach technique card "serenity?" Thanks...Carol DeMeyer (my exchange card for this month). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! Wow, I had to go back and find that one. I was painting with bleach onto black cardstock. First I stamped the sentiment with Onyx black Versafine, and I believe I embossed it with clear embossing powder. I had a brush and a little dish of bleach, and I painted with the bleach around the sentiment in an elliptical shape. It was just freehand, but wasn't hard to do. These days, I keep bleach in a water brush, and it's even easier to use. Here's the link to the article http://backporchatolympia.blogspot.com/2015/06/technique-of-week-bleach-painting.html. Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne