Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday with Dianne - Thinking of You

As soon as I saw this great floral background stamp from Ellie Knol, I knew what I would do with it. It's the perfect size for the panels I usually use (about 3.75" x 5").


First I went through my stash of panels on which I had previously made some light colored backgrounds. Some time ago, I played around with floating alcohol ink onto water and putting different cardstock into it. Some of the backgrounds were bright, but some were very subtle and light.  You can see the post from this process here. The light backgrounds were the ones I was looking for to do these cards. The ones I chose were done on Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock, and I cut the panels with a Lawn Fawn LF768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die to make them 3.75" x 5".

For the card above, I stamped the background onto the panel with Versamark ink and embossed it with JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder. It's very hard to get a photo of just how sparkly this card is, but here's a shot of it at an angle.


I added some color to the panel by painting with a little Worn Lipstick Distress ink. I stamped the sentiment onto some vellum with Versamark ink and embossed with WOW Metalline Red embossing powder, which is the closest color I could find to the pinks I was using.

I die cut a rectangle frame using the Memory Box 30082 Stitched Rectangle Trimmings die, which cuts thin frames, and mounted it onto the vellum. I got the idea for this from Jennifer McGuire. You can see her post here, where she uses vellum for her sentiments and mounts a thin frame around it. I love the look of this.


This card was so easy and fun to make, that I made a second one in blues. Since I thought it could possibly be a guy card, I embossed the background with clear embossing powder, rather than the sparkle.


On the blue card, I sponged and painted with Nuance, which gave me a more vibrant color than the Distress Ink on the pink card. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine Deep Lagoon ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.

This sentiment is one of Sally Penley's calligraphy stamps. Every single one of these stamps is so amazingly beautiful. I love the large selection of sentiments, and the array of sizes available. You can see the full collection at the Magenta online store here (be sure to look at both pages), or you can click on the individual links in the item lists below.

Both Cards:
Magenta Products used:

48.021.Q Large Floral Background

07.982.E Thinking of You Small

Card #2: Blue Thinking of You
Magenta Products used:

MNU007 Raspberry

MNU020 Aquamarine

Card #1: Pink Thinking of You
Other Products used:
Lawn Fawn LF76f8 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Memory Box 30082 Stitched Rectangle Trimmings
Versamark ink
JudiKins Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder
Worn Lipstick Distress Ink
WOW Metalline Red embossing powder
So Silk Beauty Pink cardstock
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

Card #2 Blue Thinking of You
Other Products used:
Lawn Fawn LF76f8 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Memory Box 30082 Stitched Rectangle Trimmings
Versamark ink
Versafine Deep Lagoon ink
JudiKins Clear Detail embossing powder
So Silk Fair Blue cardstock
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne