Pages

Friday, November 30, 2018

Magenta Super Saturday - Season's Greetings

I'm still making a few more Christmas cards leading up to Christmas, and I have been wanting to use this great new Magenta stencil, Evergreen Ornaments. This post is on the Magenta blog today, and you can see it here.

I started with a panel that I had made with alcohol inks. I floated some alcohol ink on a container of water, and dipped watercolor cardstock into the water. This particular panel came out in light shades of pink and blues.


I used Distress Ink through the stencil, in greens for the evergreen branches, and in red for the ornaments and flower.

To decorate some of the ornaments, I used a few other stencils and used Distress Ink to add the patterns. Although this is a color palette that is outside of my comfort zone, since it appears so pink, I did enjoy making this card. I loved how the different stencils made pretty patterns on the ornaments. I stamped the sentiment with the Festive Berries Distress Ink.

I ended by adding some gems and coloring some of the ornaments and the flower with a clear glitter Wink of Stella pen.

Magenta Products Used:

TM281 Evergreen Ornaments
TM256 Stylized Vine
TM260 Flower Branch
TM264 Small Old Lace
07.994.F Season's Greetings
Other Products Used:
Distress Inks: Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock
Stardream Jupiter cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne