Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Seattle Skyline Happy Birthday

I made this card for my son's birthday, which is this month. He lives in Seattle, and this is one of my die-cut mini-masterpiece cards. One of my first mini masterpiece posts is here, where you can see more about the process. You can find other die cut mini masterpieces here, here, here and here. There are many more as well, just search for "mini masterpiece" here on my blog.


I die-cut the focal point using the Impress Seattle Skyline die, and cut it out of this master sheet I made a while ago. I have have already used this piece to make several cards, and there is still a lot left of it.


I love this type of card because it's fun and easy to make, and it always looks great. 

I mounted the die-cut onto a square of So Silk Fair Blue cardstock cut to 2.5" x 2.5". The square was mounted onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock that was cut with the Lawn Fawn LF 768 Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables die, and that panel was matted with another piece of the So Silk Fair Blue.

I stamped the sentiment using one of Sally Penley's fabulous calligraphy stamps.
At the end I put some very very small pearls onto the background, which look like stars in the sky.

Magenta Products used:
07.975.I Happy Birthday Large
Other Products used:
Various acrylic paints
Sharpie markers
Impress Seattle Skyline die
Lawn Fawn LF768 die Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Versafine Onyx Black ink
So Silk Fair Blue cardstock
Watercolor cardstock
Tiny pearl embellishments



2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne