Pages

Friday, July 5, 2019

Magenta Super Saturday - Brushed Stencil Distress Ink

Hi everyone! I'm over at Magenta today, and you can see that post here.

I needed birthday cards for our 9 year old twin grandsons, and I wanted them to have bright happy colors. I used makeup brushes to blend Distress ink through a stencil, and if you really load them with ink, you can get bright jewel tone colors with very little effort. 


I used the Magenta stencil TM266 Floral Wheels. I love this stencil because it can be used for lots of things. I have found that the best way to load color onto the brushes is to use a circular motion when picking up ink off the pad. I then use a circular motion to blend the ink onto the paper. To get the intense colors, I pressed hard with the brushes.

I taped the white panel to the back of the stencil with painter's tape so it wouldn't move. I added color through the front of the stencil in rainbow order. I actually got all of the rainbow colors ranging over the two cards.


I've marked my brushes with Washi tape for now. I plan to use one brush for each color family. they really clean off easily by brushing them onto paper towel. I've also experimented with not pressing as hard and getting a softer, more muted result, and I will show that in an upcoming post.


I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment onto a white circle die cut in a coordinating color of Distress Ink and popped it up onto the background. Both cards were matted in coordinating colors.

I hope you try making backgrounds with these brushes and a stencil. It's easy and the results are great!

Magenta Products Used:

TM266 Floral Wheels

07.305.G Happy Birthday

Other Products Used:

Distress Inks: Festive Berries,
Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed,
Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers,
Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet
Hero Arts DI199 Infinity Nesting Circles
Makeup Blending Brushes
Stardream Jupiter Cardstock
Blue Malmero Pearl Cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# Cardstock


4 comments:

  1. Dianne, Beautiful stencilling. I love the simplicity of the card and the colour combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianne, these are great! I like how intense the colors are. From Laura P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne