Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Magenta Card Exchange: The Netherlands

My friend Mariëtte van Leeuwen, another Magenta DT member, had the great idea to start up a card exchange for those who love Magenta stamps. After calling for interested participants on FaceBook, she matched up partners to exchange cards. I was matched to one person in The Netherlands and one in Canada. I was afraid that my cards would take a really long time to get to The Netherlands especially. Lately it has taken my mail 6 weeks to two months to arrive in Iceland, and I thought it would be similar, but my card arrived to my partner Lizenka Schuijl Commandeur, in The Netherlands in only a week and a half.


This card was done by masking off a strip and blending Distress Ink, one of my favorite techniques. I then stamped the beautiful Clematis Vine stamp and embossed in gold. The hello stamp is from the Magenta Sally Penley collection. You can see other examples and more information using this technique here and here.

I had already received Lizenka's beautiful card days ago

by Lizenka Schuijl Commandeur


Magenta Products used:

09.230.N Clematis Vine

07.976.G hello!

Other Products used:
Distress ink: Wild Honey,
Rusty Hinge, Abandoned Coral
The Greetery Crimped Frame Die
So Silk Black Style cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Diane,this was such a fun exchange. I can't wait for mine to arrive at it's destination and my home. It's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I agree, and I also hope mine reaches you soon! I mailed it on the 10th.

      Delete
  2. 1.5 weeks to get to Europe!? Holy Cow! It's taken that long, if not longer, for some of my cards to reach others within the USA. Dang, you must have mailed that card at exactly the right moment! Both are great cards! From Laura Pervier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! It's been a really fun exchange. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card and thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne