Pages

Friday, September 18, 2020

Super Saturday at Magenta: Blended Distress Background

Hi! I'm over at the Magenta blog today and you can see that post here.

Awhile back I made a lot of masked blends using Distress Ink. I had lost my mojo and this activity helped me get it back. You can see that post here. I really have used a lot of the backgrounds I made that day, and this is one of them.


This is a very simple, almost one layer card. I made the blended circle using the Magenta MC27 Round Mask stencil  and 3 colors of Distress ink.



I used brushes to blend the colors, and then flicked a little water on it to add speckles. I stamped the Magenta Tranquil Buds stamp into the circle, and added the Thinking of you sentiment (from the Magenta Sally Penley Calligraphy collection), at the bottom using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I cut my panel with The Greetery Crimped Frame die and matted it with a panel of So Silk Black Style cardstock. I added a few gems from Lucy's Little Things Rainbow Jewels.

Here are the other round blends I made that day, and I also made many other blends using different stencils, which have all come in handy.



Magenta Products used:

MC27 Round Mask

42.093.M Tranquil Buds

07.982.E Thinking of you small

Other Products used:

Distress Inks: Spun Sugar;
Picked Raspberry; Festive Berries
The Greetery Crimped Frame die set
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
So Silk Black Style cardstock
Rainbow Jewels  from Lucy's Little Things 


4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne