Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Die Cut Merry Christmas

 I've been so busy that I had not had time to start doing Christmas cards until recently. I got out all of my Christmas dies because I suspected that I had not even used quite a few of them. I kind of thought that the reason for that is I couldn't quite envision how they would look on a card. I decided to just start die cutting them out of white paper to see how they look. 


As I was die cutting, I started putting things together and ended up with some Christmas cards that were all die cuts and no stamping at all. As the days go by, I will be posting these cards.

This one is placed over a panel I made using the shaving cream technique that you can see here and here. I made a huge stack of shaving cream panels in blue - some using stencils and some without.


The ones without stencils make a really pretty snow background. You will probably be seeing the ones using stencils on future cards.

I die cut the Hero Arts Snowflake Medallion die out of white cardstock and stuck it down onto the shaving cream panel. I added the sentiment and snowflakes that I die cut using some Impression Obsession dies and Memory Box glitter cardstock. Super simple, and it will be easy to make a lot.

Products Used:
Hero Arts DI789 Snowflake Medallion
Impression Obsession DIE330-R Merry Christmas
Impression Obsession DIE100-F Small Snowflake Set
Distress inkers: Broken China,
Faded Jeans, Speckled Egg
Memory Box Jewel Glitter cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
So Silk Glamour Green cartstock



4 comments:

  1. wow Diane, what a great stash of shaving foam backgrounds. the make awesome die cuts for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I know! Once you start making them, it's hard to stop.

      Delete
  2. Smart idea to use your backgrounds for x-mas cards, and your dies are also dusted off now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne