Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

Magenta Super Saturday: Happy Birthday with Shimmer Watercolor

 Time to make a guy birthday card and I decided to use my shimmer watercolors from Iuile at Etsy. I am posting this on Magenta today, and you can see that post here.


I wish that I could photograph this properly to show how gorgeous the glittery shine is with these watercolors.


I first stamped the Magenta Floral Snowflake image in gold Delicata ink. Because there is some texture on this dark blue cardstock, it didn't stamp completely solid, so I put some of the gold ink onto a block and with a wet brush I spread the ink out to cover the image better.

I then painted in parts of the image using the Christmas Set of Iuile watercolors. Since these watercolors have so much mica in them, they are opaque


I added some dots of gold Sakura Poster Color paint using a stylus

I stamped the Magenta Sally Penley calligraphy Happy Birthday and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I was afraid that if I stamped it with the Delicata on the textured paper it wouldn't show up well enough. I matted the panel with So Silk Fair Blue cardstock and mounted it onto a base card.

Magenta Products used:

Other Products used:
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
Delicata Gold ink from Tsukineko
Iuile Christmas Set watercolor
Versamark ink
Ranger Gold embossing powder
Papercut Deep Blue cardstock
So Silk Fair Blue cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne