Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fly High Butterfly

For this alcohol ink card I thought I would try a different color of cardstock for the die-cut than just white. I like it, but I do think the white die-cuts are a beautiful contrast.


On Yupo paper, I dripped drops of alcohol ink and pounced with a blending tool covered with felt. If you continue this until the ink starts to dry, you get smaller mottling. I covered both sides of the paper with color, because when the Yupo paper is mounted to the card, the back will show from the inside.


You can do something completely different on the other side if you wish. This side will show on the inside of the card.

I die cut the front of the base card using the MFT846 Inside/Outside Ovals.  I mounted the colored Yupo paper to the inside of the front cover of the base card.

I die-cut the Poppy Bellina Butterfly out of gold foil cardstock, with Stick-it adhesive on the back. I mounted the Bellina Butterfly die-cut onto the front of the card, tucking the bottom of the stem into the bottom of the oval opening.

I stamped the Magenta sentiment using Versafine Onyx Black ink and scattered a few sequins.

Products Used:

Magenta Stamp:
07.514.G May life always allow you to fly high
Poppy 1391 Bellina Butterfly die
Die-namics MFT-846 Inside/Outside Stitched Ovals
Ranger Alcohol inks: Amethyst, Limeade,
Patina, Valencia, Turquoise
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Yupo paper
Neenah Solar White 110#
Gold Foil paper
Various sequins




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne