Pages

Friday, April 3, 2020

Magenta Super Saturday: New Designs for Spring

I hope that everyone who can is staying home and that you are safe and healthy. My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering. Other than a few trips to the grocery store, I have been staying home for some time, and I feel fortunate to be able to do so. I have been cooking and reading a lot. My mojo has been a bit low, but getting some new stamps and stencils in the Magenta Spring collection has helped tremendously. I am at the Magenta blog today, and you can see that post here. You can also look at the new catalog by clicking on the image on the main blog, or you can click here to look at them in the online store. Click on "Rubberstamps" or "Templates and Masks" to see everything.


I'm really fascinated by this new stamp called Mandala Dreams, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the Design Team will do with it. This beautiful stamp was designed by my friend and super talented designer Miranda Degenaars. She is also a member of the Magenta Design Team, and you can check out her blog here.

I made this card by first blending some Distress Oxide colors onto a piece of 80# Neenah Solar White cardstock.


I flicked water drops onto the blended colors at the end for a little texture. I made a whole pile of these for future projects.



I cut a 1.25" strip from my panel to use for this card. I then put the stamp into my MISTI stamping tool and aligned the colored strip to about where I would want it on my finished card. It was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I cut another piece of 80# Neenah Solar White cardstock, using the stitched rectangle die from the MFT463 Die-Namics Blueprints 13 die set, which cuts a rectangle to 5.25" x 4". With my stamp still in the MISTI, I stamped the white panel with Versamark ink and embossed it with Ranger gold embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

I aligned the colored strip with the gold embossing and adhered it to the panel. I matted it with gold cardstock and mounted to a base card. A few gold and silver glitter dots from Elizabeth Craft were added at the end. I want to mail this card overseas and didn't want any gems poking through the envelope.

Magenta Products Used:

14.679.Q Mandala Dreams

07.1028.D Happy Birthday

Other Products Used:
Distress Oxide ink: 
Mustard Seed; Twisted Citron; 
Peacock Feathers; Picked Raspberry
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versamark ink
Ranger gold embossing powder
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
Papercut Gold Glossy cardstock
Elizabeth Craft gold/silver glitter dots
MFT463 Die-Namics Blueprints 13 die set

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne