Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Two Cards: One Die and Distress Oxides

I recently got a great die from Poppy Stamps called Berry Square Frame (2234). I got a couple of other square frames too, that I will use in future cards. I needed some birthday cards, so I got out the Oxide backgrounds out that I recently made.


This background is part of a panel that I made and used in this post that I did for Magenta. It turned out to be the perfect size for this card.

I cut the Berry Square Frame from white cardstock, and also cut it out of the Oxide background panel. I fit the white cut-out into this panel, piecing the Oxide colored pieces back in.

I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment with a great Magenta stamp designed by Sally Penley as part of her calligraphy series. I love this stamp and use it as much as I can. The ink I used is Versafine Clair Paradise.

I lined both sides of the panel with strips of So Silk Glamor Green cardstock and mounted the entire panel on a 110# white base card.



For the second card, I chose an Oxide background from yellows and oranges. I wanted something more homogenous with a smooth blend so that I could use the frame piece from the previous card. I cut the die out of the background in a diamond shape this time, and I fit the die cut from the first card into the space, piecing the orange blend background in around it.  I also stamped this one with the same Magenta sentiment, and the same ink. It looks so different on this color Oxide background.

I still have the piece I cut out of this panel to use in another card



Here's the pile of oxide backgrounds I chose these from


I made these backgrounds just using a blending tool with Oxide inks, and I splattered them with water when they were dry.


Above are the colors for the first card


And these are the colors for the second card

I hope you liked these, and I hope you will consider buying dies from Poppy Stamps. They are a local Washington company, and have long been a favorite. You can buy from them directly on their site. Their parent company, Memory Box, is also a favorite of mine. You can get Memory Box dies and stamps from Impress Cards and Crafts, also a local Washington company. Impress also has online sales of lots of fabulous things for cardmaking, so please support them.

Don't forget Magenta as well. You can get Sally Penley's entire line of Calligraphy stamps at Magenta here scroll through to see them all.

Stay well, everyone!

Magenta Products used:

07.975.I Happy Birthday

Other Products used:
Poppy Stamps Berry Square Frame 2324
Distress Oxide inks: Mustard Seed,
Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, 
Picked Raspberry, Rusty Hinge,
Carved Pumpkin
Versafine Clair ink: Paradise
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110#
So Silk Glamor Green cardstock
Lawn Fawn die LF768 
Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Berry branch die and love your ink blending :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christine! Hope you are staying well.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne