Pages

Friday, April 24, 2020

Super Saturday at Magenta: Distress Inks and Prismacolor Pencils

Hi everyone, I'm over at the Magenta Blog today, and you can see that post here.


I love the newApple Blossom Mask that Magenta made, inspired by one of my favorite stamps, Apple Blossom Bouquet.  This template comes in two pieces and can be used as a stencil or a mask. In this case, I taped it together and used it as a stencil.


There are a lot of cool techniques that you can do with stenciling, including using paste, but this time I just blended Distress ink through the stencil. It's the easiest and fastest thing you can do, and it looks amazing.


I kind of think that you could just leave it the way it is, add a sentiment and it's a card. But I decided to deepen the colors using Prismacolor pencils.


Since I already had lots of great color laid down with the Distress inks, it was pretty easy to blend in the colored pencils, and I always enjoy coloring.

I added the sentiment at the end in Versafine Onyx Black ink and matted my panel in So Silk Black Style cardstock.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe! I keep seeing an advertisement from a Mexican restaurant in Spanaway Washington. The ad has a photo of 24 mini (street) tacos, salsa and rice and beans that they are offering for take-out (no sit-down restaurants open at this time). It makes me want to go to Spanaway, and I don't even know where that is. So we are going to try and make our own street tacos soon. All the best to you all!

Magenta Products used:
MC102 Apple Blossom Mask

07.305.G Happy Birthday

Other Products used:
Distress ink: Shabby Shutters; Abandoned Coral
Blending brushes
Prismacolor Pencils: PC1036 Orange Neon;
 PC1014 Deco Pink; PC929 Pink; 
PC994 Process Red; PC912 Apple Green;
PC1005 Limepeel; PC1004 Yellow Chartreuse
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
So Silk Black Style cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Diane, I didn't get this stencil and mask and I have to have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spanaway is near Ft Lewis, so not that far away from you (relatively speaking). Great card! From Laura P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're right! That's not very far. Our son made us street tacos and salsa and avocado crema, and it was all wonderful, so we didn't end up having to go out. Thanks Laura!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne