Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Throwback Thursday: Make Your Own Pearly Sprays With Distress Inkers

Some years ago, I did a post about making your own pearly sprays with Distress Inkers, water, and Perfect Pearls powder. This is still a great technique and you can see the post here. I pulled out my sprays recently to make a birthday card for a friend, and it was so fun that I plan to make lots more of this same kind of background.


For this card, I used a stencil from Magenta that came from a set called Zen Trio. 3 great stencils inspired by some Zentangle patterns that I drew up as examples. This one is my favorite.

I sprayed the back with Krylon repositionable adhesive, and stuck it down to a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock. I masked off the top and bottom and just sprayed lightly with 3 colors of the spray. In real life these colors are shimmery and very pretty. 


For the sentiment, I stamped the Happy Birthday on a piece of black cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I attached it to the card, and added a few gems. I matted my panel and attached it to a base card.

Here, from my old post, are the 3 colors I used to spray with - my 3 favorite Distress colors: Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers. Use my link above to pull up my previous blog post and see how I made them.


Also, about the sentiment. This is a favorite of mine. It comes from a Magenta stamp that has Happy Birthday written out in 7 languages, and this stamp was made at my request some time ago (yes Iceland is one of the languages). I still love this stamp and use it often. I purchased an extra one and cut it apart so that I can stamp the sentiments separately, in whichever language I want. Of course, it looks good all together too, but I've shown you lots of those (here's one)



Magenta Products used:

TM54 Zen Trio

07.907.L Multilingual Happy Birthday

Other Products used:
Distress re-inkers: Picked Raspberry;
Mustard Seed; Peacock Feathers
Ranger mini misters
Perfect Pearls powder
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Krylon repositionable spray adhesive
masking tape
Black cardstock
Versamark ink
JudiKins opaque white embossing powder
Lucy's Little Things Rainbow Jewels
So Silk Beauty Pink cardstock

10 comments:

  1. Lovely colorful birthday card. Perfect pearls diluted in a minimister gives such a beautiful shimmer mist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try adding perfect pearls to some of my distress re-inkers. Beautiful cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the technique Dianne.. I also have minimisters with pearly colors in it.. You could also use Nuance instead of re-inkers.. just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Yes absolutely you could use Nuance for this.

      Delete
  4. and.. how did you get the little dots in color on the lid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie I used pearl embellishments that I colored with Copic markers. If you link to my original post about it (link given above) you can see some information and pictures about it.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne