Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Spring Blooms Corner for Multiple Cards

I needed to make a sympathy card recently and I pulled out the Simon Says Stamp Spring Blooms Corner that I had not yet used. I really like these silhouette type of dies, and I'm planning to use it for more cards in the future.


I first cut a panel of 80# white Nina cardstock with The Greetery Crimped Frame die to get the size just right. I then cut the panel with the Spring Blooms Corner. I placed the cut panel over a background that I had previously made using alcohol inks and glossy white cardstock. I had not found anything to use the panel with until this card. It had just the right tones to create a colorful floral mix.

These are some of the things I used. The background showing below was one of the shaving cream backgrounds I made awhile back (you can see a post where I show how to make shaving cream backgrounds here).


I stamped the white panel with a Magenta Sympathy stamp, and mounted both pieces onto a white base card. I made two more, since Sympathy is the hardest kind of card for me to make.


I also had a birthday card to make, and this die can easily make a card for almost any occasion. The card this time is for a friend for whom I always make a black and white card. I actually think it looks classy in black and white.


At the end I added a few black acrylic dots from my stash.

Magenta Products Used:

07.928.I With Sympathy

Other Products Used:
Simon Says Stamp sssd112325 Spring Blooms Corner
Poppy Stamps 2437 Happy Birthday Poe Script
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
Various backgrounds from my stash
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
PTI True Black Cardstock
Versafine Onyx Black ink

4 comments:

  1. Great cards, as always. I like how you've used the same corner die for two different occasions for cards. Nice to see versatility. I was just thinking of you as I spent some money at The Greetery. Finally (!!) managed to get the crimped rectangle and circle dies during one of their sales. (And somehow their new number and letter dies fell in the shopping cart - dang, don't know how that happened!) Yay! From Laura P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Glad you finally got those dies! Yeah those letters and numbers fell into my basket also!

      Delete
  2. I have this die, but have not used it yet....really like what you did with it! TFS your inspiration!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne