Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

Magenta Super Saturday: New Collection Fall Leaves

Hi everyone, I'm over at the Magenta blog today with this post, and I'm so excited to tell you that the new Fall/Winter 2019 Collection is up in the store. You can look at the new stamps here, and the new stencils and masks here. This is my first post with the new stamps, and I will be posting more often between now and December. There is so much to show you!


There are a number of really beautiful leaf stamps in the new collection, and I thought I would start with these beauties. I did two cards, and both are stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. I thought I would try coloring with two different mediums. In the one above, I colored the leaves with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. 

This stamp really stamps like a dream. I honestly believe that anything you do with it will turn out well. I made a little chart of some Zig colors that I pulled out at random. I didn't use all of these, but it was useful to see the different choices.


When I was making the swatches, I remembered that these markers really work better on Bristol than regular watercolor cardstock, but I had no trouble moving the color around on the stamped images. It was a lot of fun!

I took an oblique angle picture of each of these cards to show how pretty the gold is in real life. It's very hard to photograph.


For the second card, I stamped it the same, but since I needed a Fall Birthday card, I changed the sentiment to Happy Birthday. Both of these sentiments I used are brand new, by the way. the Birthday stamp is one that I requested, because I am constantly needing a small Birthday stamp, and this one was done in my favorite font. I think it's elegant and just the right size.



I used Distress inks to color this card, and I honestly think that it's not that different from the first. What do you think?

I used quite a few colors of Distress, and swatched them as well. I then just squished the pads onto some acrylic blocks and picked up the colors with a brush. I thought the Peeled Paint was a little dark for what I wanted, and added Mowed Lawn instead; only using Peeled Paint sparingly, and lightening it with some Mustard Seed.


Here's the oblique angle on this one


These panels were cut to 5" x 3.75" from Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock using a Lawn Fawn die LF768, Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. The largest die from this set is a perfect size for me, and I use it very often. I flicked Peerless Transparent liquid watercolor onto each card.

To finish the cards, I matted them with Stardream Copper cardstock, and mounted them onto a 110# Neenah Solar White base card. I added some enamel dots at the end.

I love, love this leaf stamp, and I guarantee that you will see more cards from me using it. Please be sure to check out the new Magenta collection. There are some beautiful stamps for Fall and Winter, including new Christmas images! To purchase the stamps I used in this post, you can click on the names of the stamps below and the links will take you to the Magenta store.

There will be a lot more posts on the Magenta Blog with the new products also. You can go to the blog here. The Design Team is just starting to get these fabulous stamps and stencils in their hands now. If you like the posts, please show the DT some love by commenting. We love that!


Magenta Products used:

0799.L Fall Ash Leaves

07.1040.E Happy Fall

07.1028.D Happy Birthday

Other Products used:

Zig Clean Color Markers: 053 Yellow Green; 041 Lt Green;
047 May Green; 050 Yellow; 052 Bight Yellow;
070 Orange; 260 Deep Red
Distress Ink: Mowed Lawn; Peeled Paint;
Twisted Citron; Mustard Seed; Carved Pumpkin;
Wild Honey; Rusty Hinge; Fired Brick; Aged Mahogany
Versamark Ink
Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock
Stardream Copper cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock
Lawn Fawn die LF768 Small Stitched Recangle Stackables
Peerless Transparent watercolors: Gold & Copper
Ranger Gold embossing powder
Various enamel dots


6 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne