Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Christmas Tag from the Magenta 2019 Fall/Winter Collection

We had so much going on this year that I didn't get a chance to make Christmas cards and tags all year long like I did last year. Let's just say that the Holidays are coming like a freight train, and I have lots to do to catch up. Next year, I am definitely going to try to do them all during the year; that's a much better plan! I'm busy now making cards and tags, and I will be posting them all, so stay tuned.


This is a tag that I made from Neenah 110# cardstock and a couple of the new Magenta stamps. I cut the cardstock to 3.75" x 3.75",  and used the GinaK Designs wreath builder template to help position the stamping. 

I stamped the Berry Branch 8 times, and colored the berries with a red glitter pen. They are bright and shiny in real life. For the sentiment, I used the Hero Arts Infinity Circles dies and cut the top panel out of Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock; the red circle was cut from The Paper Cut Hopsack Red cardstock, and I also cut a piece of black craft foam to the same size circle as the top circle piece, to pop the sentiment up.

I stamped the Joyeux Noël sentiment from Magenta (which is also part of the new collection) onto the top panel, and it's the perfect size. At the end, I used a corner punch to round the corners, punched a hole in the top and threaded in some thin green ribbon.

Since I only used one stamp for this process (not counting the sentiment) I honestly believe I could have done this without the template. You could stamp the Berry Branch from Magenta at the top, bottom, and right and left; then stamp it again in between each one of those. I don't think it would be hard, especially since the place where the stamped images intersect in the middle are covered by the sentiment. In fact, I have used another stamp in a similar way, more than once.


It's been a while since I did these, but I still love them. You can see that post here. And these stamps are still available from Magenta.


You can see and purchase the new Magenta Fall/Winter collection at the Magenta online shop. The rubber stamps are here, and the stencils/masks are here. The stamps used in this post are linked below.

Magenta Products used:

02.323.F Berry Branch

07.1029.D Joyeux Noël

0661.H Leaf

07.730.H I am in love with this day!

07.665.I Congratulations

Other Products used:

For the tag:
Versafine Clair ink:  Green Oasis, Glamorous
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock
The Paper Cut Hopsack Red cardstock
Black craft foam
Hero Arts Infinity Nesting Circles DI 199
GinaK Designs Wreath Builder template
Red Uniball Signo Sparkling Pen
Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper

For the Leaf cards:
Purple card:
Memento inks: Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavender
So Silk Purple cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# & 80# cardstock
Hero Hues pearls

Silver card:
Memento ink: Gray Flannel
Versafine ink
JudiKins Detail Silver embossing powder
Neenah Solar White 110# & 80# cardstock
So Silk Black cardstock
Hero Hues pearls


4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne