Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Happy Birthday Mariëtte!

 One of my dearest friends who is from The Netherlands has a birthday almost at the end of the year. She is such a fabulous card maker that I always try extra hard to do something she will like. I know she loves butterflies, and in fact, she has a stamp by Magenta that is named after her. Unfortunately, I don't own that one, so I used one that I designed.


I made this background panel 5 years ago and have been hoarding it ever since. I made Distress sprays with Distress inkers and water in small spritzer bottles, sprayed them onto watercolor panels, and sprinkled different colors of salt on them, then let them dry. You can see that post here, and this is one of the pictures from that post to show the different panels I made. There is a tutorial on how I made these backgrounds and also a link to a tutorial for how to make your own Distress pearly sprays.


I cut a circle from transparent vellum and stamped my Zen Butterfly from Magenta onto the circle with Versamark ink. I embossed it with silver embossing powder. I wasn't sure how the cardstock would take the Versamark ink. There is some texture on it, and I didn't want to ruin the panel. I didn't want to cover it too much, so the vellum was the best compromise.


I stamped a strip of black cardstock with the Dutch sentiment from the Magenta Multi Lingual Birthday stamp, using Versamark ink. I embossed it in silver embossing powder. As I have shown in the past, I have cut up one of those stamps and really enjoy using them individually. I made the sentiment strip the full width of the panel and die cut the edges with the Crimped Frame die to match the panel.

Magenta Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Distress Ink Reinkers: Picked Raspberry,
Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers
Perfect Pearls Powder
Versamark ink
Sea Salt
JudiKins Fine Detail Silver embossing powder
The Greetery Crimped Edge Frame die
So Silk Glamour Green cardstock
PTI True Black cardstock
Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock
Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock

4 comments:

  1. I've created salt backgrounds before but had no Idea the different colour salts would leave colour residue. Love those backgrounds and I'm sure Mariette will love her card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card Dianne, the touch of perfect pearls in the background is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne