Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Magenta Card Exchange: Distress Ink Blend Merry Christmas!

I was very happy to get Kazuko Kocho's name in the December Magenta card exchange. She is someone whose art I have long admired, and she was also a friend of Art 'n Soul for many years.


 I started by blending 4 colors of Distress Ink reds, making it darkest in the middle, and light on both ends. I used watercolor cardstock because I planned to get it very wet. 


Once my panel had dried, I stamped the beautiful Magenta stamp Poinsettia Border in Versamark ink, and embossed in gold. If you are going to emboss on an ink blended background, be sure it's dry first. I usually test it out by applying embossing powder onto the panel before I stamp, just to make sure nothing sticks.

I got out my cut up Magenta Merry Christmas Multilingual stamp for the sentiment. I wanted to stamp it in English and Japanese. If you follow me, you know that I have several of this stamp in cling, and I have cut one of them up so that I can stamp in individual languages that I choose. They work perfectly well this way.

 
After embossing the images, I used a brush and water to blot up the ink inside the flower petals to lighten and highlight them. I applied water inside each petal, and blotted it up with a paper towel. I then flicked gold watercolor all over the panel.


At the end I applied Wink of Stella glitter pen to each petal. The panel was cut using The Greetery Crimped Edge die, and it was matted with gold cardstock. I love how it turned out! I hope you do too.

Magenta Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Distress Ink: Spun Sugar,
Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries,
Candied Apple
FineTec Gold Watercolor
Wink of Stella glitter pen
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Curious Metallics Super Gold cardstock
Versamark Ink
Ranger Gold Embossing Powder


2 comments:

  1. great minds think alike, Dianne, I love what you did with the stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I love what you did with it too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne