Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Die Cut Christmas: Joyful

 I got this "joyful" die from Simon Says Stamp a while back. I really like it, but didn't have a chance to use it last Christmas. Although I'm not sure how joyful this year has been for many of us, I am trying to find the joy in things, and to remain grateful.


I like that the "joyful" die has a background piece as well, so that it can be set apart from the background and it shows up better. I paired it with a great Hero Arts die called "Holiday Greenery Edge." There is also a snowflake version of this Hero Arts edger die and I will try to use it for my Christmas cards this year as well.

The background was made during a session with my Gelli Plate and Distress Oxide inks, when I made lots of great backgrounds in different colors, and with different textures. This one was made using a brayer that came with a rubber band texture. You can do the same thing by putting rubber bands on your regular brayer. When I first took this off the plate I wasn't sure I would find something to use it for; however, I think in this card the darker shapes look a bit like streamers.

I die cut the panel using The Greetery Crimped Frame die, and added the Hero Arts die that was cut from white at the bottom with some gems. The "joyful" die was cut from teal cardstock, and its background from white.

I will definitely use these dies more, hopefully this year!

Products Used:
Simon Says Stamp CZD72 Joyful
Hero Arts DI532 Holiday Greenery Edge
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
PTI Tropical Teal cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne