Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

Merry Christmas - Gledileg Jól

 I have really been enjoying listening to audio books and podcasts and coloring in the evenings, and I decided this would be a great way to get some of my Christmas cards done. It doesn't matter that it takes 2 hours to do one because I'm just enjoying myself.


This card was made with a new stamp by Simon Says Stamp, Center Cut Holiday Floral. I didn't use the center of the stamp so that I could put other sentiments there. Five of the ten cards I made will go to my relatives in Iceland. I was able to do this sentiment by cutting up a Magenta stamp, Multilingual Merry Christmas. (I have three of these stamps in cling, so I don't mind cutting one up; it makes them more versatile).


I started by stamping 10 panels of Neenah Solar White 80# cardstock with Memento London Fog ink, which is a light grey/green ink. I started coloring the images with Prismacolor pencils.


These are the colors of pencils I used, and I use a hand sharpener, so that I can regulate the pencil sharpness that I want.


There are a lot of layers of color on these, and the first one took 3 hours to color. At the end, I did the last two in just 3 hours, so I found that as I did more of these, I figured out how much of each color should go down in all the places. Again, I was listening to audio books and podcasts during this time, so the time was going to pass regardless. I might as well be doing something fun at the same time.


Once they were all colored, I went back and stamped them with Versamark ink. I had left the stamp in my MISTI, so the stamping was in the exact right place. I then embossed them with gold embossing powder, which brought a sparkle and shine that I love.


Here are some of the different versions that I made. I cut the inner circles with a Die-Namics Pierced Circle Stax die. That circle was matted with gold using a die from the Hero Arts Infinity Nesting Circles. I couldn't decide on a color for the sentiment, but in the end, I think I liked red the best. I used Distress Oxides in Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn, and embossed in clear. For the gold one I stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold.

The Merry Christmas sentiment is from The Greetery. I love their Sentiment Suite Christmas set. At the end, I cut the panels with The Greetery's Crimped Edge die, and matted them with the same gold that the circle is matted with.

I worked one of my pencils down to practically a nub. I use extenders on them to make them last as long as possible. I love this!


I hope the recipients will enjoy these cards as much as I enjoyed making them.

Products Used:
Simon Says Stamp Center Cut Holiday Floral SSS 102178
Magenta Multilingual Merry Christmas 07.883.K
The Greetery Sentiment Suite: Christmas 
Die-Namics MFT Pierced Circle Stax
Hero Arts Infinity Nesting Circle Dies DI199
Prismacolor Pencils: PC928 Blush Pink,
PC926 Carmine Red, PC924 Crimson Red
PC1029 Mahogany Red, PC942 Yellow Ocre,
PC1032 Pumpkin Orange, PC1034 Goldenrod
PC1004 Yellow Chartreuse, PC1005 Limepeel,
PC912 Apple Green, PC911 Olive Green,
PC1006 Parrot Green
Versamark ink
Memento London Fog ink
Distress Oxide ink: Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn
Ranger Gold embossing powder
JudiKins detail clear embossing powder
Curious Metallics Super Gold cardstock
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock





5 comments:

  1. OMG Dianne, the cards are stunning, amazing colouring. I'm sure the recipient will love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much you guys! That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow, what a beauties. You are a coloring expert

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne