Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Gelli Plate and Die Cuts Merry Christmas

 I'm still playing with my Christmas/Winter die cuts, and using them with various backgrounds that I have had a lot of fun making.


For this card, the background was made with a Gelli Plate and Distress Inks. I had always used my Gelli Plate with acrylic paint in the past. I got the idea to use Distress Inks from Jennifer McGuire, and you can see her post here. She calls it Gell Press, but it's basically the same tool. Using dye based inks such as Distress so SO much easier than using acrylic paint.

I made a lot of backgrounds when I was playing around. I mainly just used a brayer to add ink onto the plate and pressed panels of cardstock down onto the wet ink. I also brayered the excess ink onto additional panels directly. Some of the panels were textured and some smooth, and I got a lot of different looks.

On this particular card, I used Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, and Faded Jeans. The cardstock was smooth and I love the texture I got. 

I added the Snowflake Edge die cut from Hero Arts, and the Merry Christmas Text die from Paper Rose. The Paper Rose die came with a second die that allows you to add a background around the sentiment, and I cut that out of vellum. 

At the end, I added some glitter dots from Elizabeth Craft. I really like these for added sparkle. I am sending my cards all over the world, and I don't want to have bulky embellishments on them.

Products Used:
Hero Arts DI533 Snowflake Edge
Paper Rose 17823 Merry Christmas Text
The Greetery Crimped Frame die
Gelli Plate
Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers,
Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans
PTI Enchanted Evening Cardstock
Vellum
Neenah Solar White 80# & 110# cardstock
Elizabeth Craft glitter dots

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dianne, I love using dye inks on my gelli plate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful indeed and yes distress inks and oxides goes very well on the gelli plate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariëtte! Yes, I love the oxides on the gelli plate - even more than acrylics.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please visit me again soon.
Dianne